[News] Version 2 of Moblin Looks Really Nice

The Moblin V2 User Interface Is Very Impressive

,----[ Quote ]
| We first got excited for Moblin 2.0 back in January when seeing how fast this
| Linux distribution had booted on Atom-powered netbooks. This Fedora-derived
| distribution booted even faster with a newer development release that came
| out this past March. While Moblin 2.0 final is not yet released, there is now
| more to get excited over than just amazing boot times. Moblin 2.0 will
| introduce a Clutter-based user interface and from our initial encounters with
| this release, it is very impressive! In this article we have more information
| on this new UI along with screenshots and videos.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=moblin_v2_ui&num=1

Hands-on: Intel brings rich UI to Moblin Linux platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel has unveiled the next-generation user interface of Moblin, the
| company's open source Linux platform for netbooks and mobile Internet
| devices. We tested it on real netbook hardware so that we could give you a
| detailed hands-on look.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/05/hands-on-intel-brings-rich-ui-to-moblin-linux-platform.ars

Recent:

Novell prepping Moblin version of SUSE

,----[ Quote ]
| As part of the agreement with Intel and Moblin.org, Novell will establish a
| Novell Open Labs group in Taiwan "to foster the adoption of Moblin," says the
| company. Novell also plans to work with the Taiwan Moblin Enabling Center
| (MEC), a joint venture between Intel and the the Taiwan Institute for
| Information Industry. Novell says it will join MEC's efforts to validate
| designs for Moblin compliance.
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS9945939387.html?kc=rss

Intel to Turn Moblin Over to Linux Foundation

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/162429/intel_to_turn_moblin_over_to_linux_foundation.html?tk=rss_news