Re: [News] Review of CrunchBang GNU/Linux

____/ wispygalaxy on Wednesday 20 May 2009 20:55 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ wispygalaxy on Sunday 17 May 2009 22:06 : \____

>>> Even though CrunchBang is minimal, the screenshots are still impressive.
>>> Have a look at this neat space-themed desktop:
>>>crunchbanglinux.org/wiki/_media/screenshots/crunchbang-tint-and-trayer.jpg
>>>
>>> I like the name of this distro- CrunchBang sounds like something you
>>> would
>>> buy at the movie theater haha.  :)
>>
>> It's not so minimal actually. Look how much software it comes with.
>> Compare to a malware magnet (unpatched Windows) that comes with
>> Minesweeper, notepad, paint, cmd, defrag (for sadists) and Solitaire.
>
> Yep, Linux distros come with tons of goodies, especially games.  By minimal,
> I was referring to a style, not necessarily the # of software.
>
>> Think how much you get with GNU/Linux (for free) after a 15-minute
>> installation. And you get better, faster, more robust free upgrades every
>> 6 months or so.
>
> It's not cool when software gets stale.  I want new features.  :)  I don't
> have that problem even though I use Debian.
>
> Didn't 7 mention that Ubuntu installs in 9 minutes?  Wow!!

On very good hardware it might.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

"for thing in $(fnord $(frob $(./gazonk foo bar baz bletch thud grunt))); do
zot --wodchuck ${thing}; done"
- -- Stig Sandbeck Mathisen making a point about the beauty of shell scripts
http://Schestowitz.com  | Mandriva Linux |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 02:00:01 up 77 days, 11:18,  2 users,  load average: 1.28, 1.25, 1.09