Re: [News] K Desktop Environment 4.3 Looking Good, GNOME Elections Coming

Gregory Shearman wrote:

> On 2009-05-17, wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Nice to see that the KDE guys care about aesthetics.  It is a major
>> factor
>> for me when choosing a DE.  I'm looking at the screen for a long time, so
>> I want to be seeing something that looks good!
>
> Hmm... My wife just keeps the default KDE (3.5.9) desktop and it seems
> to suit her. I work with Xfce as my WM/DE. I don't mind KDE, but it is
> rather slow on some of my hardware. I'm not at all fond of kmail.

I haven't changed my KDE desktop theme in a while, to be honest.  :)  But I
change my Iceweasel theme every 3-4 weeks.

KDE works fine on my laptop with no speed issues.  I haven't tried out kmail
yet.  I use Gmail all the time.

>> I'm excited about all of these new features.  I don't know any KDE users
>> near where I live, or maybe I'm not looking hard enough.  :P  I never
>> been to a Linux user meeting before, by the way.
>
> There's a lively group in my town. They are a mix of university students
> and IT professionals. They seem friendly enough. Although I'm not sure
> I'd like to share my desktop with them.

If they are friendly, then I guess the 'social desktop' thing is going
well.  :)  I am curious about what exactly they talk about at meetings.