Re: [News] New Sub-notebooks to Cost $176 and Run GNU/Linux Only

After takin' a swig o' grog, wispygalaxy belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> iUnika Gyy netbook weighs 1.5 pounds, will cost $176
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Hey, remember the $199 Impulse TNX-9500, the "world's cheapest laptop?"
>> | Yeah, it was just the beginning. Say hello to the iUnika Gyy, which
>> | manages to shave its price down to ?130 ($176) by using a slower 400MHz
>> | MIPS processor and ditching that costly XP license for Linux.
>> `----
>
> Oooh, look at that thing!  The design is cool (black/white contrast).  But I
> don't get why there's a Windows key there.  I hope there's an option to put
> Tux on it.  He's a lot cuter than the Windows logo!  ;-)

The "Windows" key is a sure sign of the Monopoly, isn't it?

Ironically, it is useful in Linux.  I now use it in Fluxbox to modify
keystrokes to be reminiscent of vi.  For example, motion of the current
window:

   Windows-l Move window right
   Windows-h Move window left
   Windows-j Move window down
   Windows-k Move window up

I mapped Windows-n to act like Alt-Tab (switch to next window).  Although it
has the same mapping as Alt-Tab in the fluxbox keys file, it has an oddity
-- the first keystroke in the newly-focussed window gets sucked up and has
no effect.  Odd little bug!

Sounds like a typical COLA-troll argument:

--
	"...The name of the song is called 'Haddocks' Eyes'!"
	"Oh, that's the name of the song, is it?" Alice said, trying to
feel interested.
	"No, you don't understand," the Knight said, looking a little
vexed.  "That's what the name is called.  The name really is, 'The Aged
Aged Man.'"
	"Then I ought to have said "That's what the song is called'?"
Alice corrected herself.
	"No, you oughtn't: that's quite another thing!  The song is
called 'Ways and Means':  but that's only what it is called you know!"
	"Well, what is the song then?" said Alice, who was by this
time completely bewildered.
	"I was coming to that," the Knight said.  "The song really is
"A-sitting on a Gate": and the tune's my own invention."
		-- Lewis Carroll, "Through the Looking Glass"