[News] [Rival] Attacks on Rival Browsers Show That Microsoft is Nervous, Resorts to Crime

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Attacks on Rival Browsers Show That Microsoft is Nervous, Resorts to Crime
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 21:52:01 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft pays yes men to spread more FUD about Firefox, Chrome, and Opera

,----[ Quote ]
| Since Microsoft cannot promote IE on it’s own merits:
|
| They have apparently paid for another biased opinion from a bunch of spin
| doctoring suck ups, to try and do damage control on Internet Explorer 8, the
| slowest and most brain damaged browser on Windows in a fair benchmark
| conducted by myself, comparing IE 8’s (lack of) performance compared to it’s
| competitors.
`----

http://izanbardprince.wordpress.com/2009/05/17/microsoft-pays-yes-men-to-spread-more-fud-about-firefox-chrome-and-opera/

Recent:

Microsoft criticized for aggressive Internet Explorer updates

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft continues to make it all too easy for even tech-savvy PC users to
| dump Firefox or Opera and make Internet Explorer 8 their default browser,
| complains Hakon Wium Lie, CTO of rival browser maker, Opera, which is popular
| in Europe. Lie is particularly peeved that Microsoft continues to label IE8
| as a "high-priority update" in Windows Update, (see link) despite widespread
| criticism about the finer points of how Microsoft actually delivers this
| update.
`----

http://blogs.usatoday.com/technologylive/2009/05/microsoft-criticized-.html

Can I Recommend Internet Explorer 8? Should I?

,----[ Quote ]
| So I suppose these e-mail exchanges will continue. Maybe the "endorsement" I
| should deliver for these updates goes something like this:
|
| "I tried this update on [at least three, ideally five or more] computers,
| none that I knew to have any existing software problems, and saw no issues
| with it. If you have kept yours in proper working order, you should be fine
| too. Unless you're not. This is the chance you must take running Windows, an
| aging operating system that can get pretty fragile in daily use. If you don't
| like that risk, you need to use a different operating system."
|
| Too harsh? Too depressing? You tell me.
`----

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2009/05/can_i_recommend_internet_explo.html?hpid=sec-tech

EU to oblige Microsoft to offer competitors’ browsers

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.euractiv.com/en/infosociety/eu-oblige-microsoft-offer-competitors-browsers/article-179602