Re: Gnote 0.3.1

On 2009-05-16, Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156)
> --------------enig2BB2C60F610D5C7F932493BF
>
> Sinister Midget wrote:
>
>> On 2009-05-15, Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>>=20
>>> And yes I am aware of his Mono fanaticism. I'd read an article a coupl=
>>> of months ago, where he shares his whet dream about Gnome 3 being
>>> totally rewritten in C#.
>>>
>>> I seriously hope the Gnome team is not going to let that happen. I lov=
>>> Gnome but as soon as it becomes dependent on Mono, I will drop it in
>>> favor of another DE and I am quite sure many will. This might be the
>>> death of Gnome and I hope, the Gnome team will realize that.
>>=20
>> I've just come to learn to like Gnome over the last few months. I'm not=
>
>> married to it, though (nor any other desktop manager). I could switch
>> to LXDE, IceWM or XFCE on a dime. Or Fluxbox, Enlightenment, Blackbox
>> or KDE (not 4). If MONO permeates all of Gnome, let me go ahead and
>> announce in advance that we'll be parting ways.
>
> Well I never was a Gnome pusher as well and neither am I married to it,
> but I like it.

...I use the GNOME desktop but I use a lot of alien apps.

It's never been really a big deal to me. I use whatever seems to
be best. If the best happens to be "alien" then I just pick up
the dependencies when installing it. No big deal...

[deletia]

--
      If you are going to judge Linux based on how easy
it is to get onto a Macintosh. Let's try installing          |||