Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 16th of May, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 16th of May, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 09:00:34 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 741 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     326 1190547     2%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        68   64393    57%
   3. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    33   28305    51%
   4. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        29   37425    62%
   5. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            22   25941    51%
   6. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       20   25265    71%
   7. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           19   20302    51%
   8. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   18   98493    12%
   9. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>               17   24536    69%
  10. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      16   22629    75%
  11. GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                      13   21347    91%
  12. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         12   20916    16%
      Miguel de Icaza - Microsoft's Pet Monkey          12   21988    29%
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          12   24181    74%
  15. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 11   16078    82%
  16. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                      9   14248    66%
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>    9   11431    64%
  18. Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           8   12458    40%
  19. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                   7   14741    49%
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                7   18475    20%
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>            7   13151    12%
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>                          7   15643    64%
  23. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           6    4268    50%
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                6    2783    25%
  25. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               5    2818    45%
  26. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               3    3958    71%
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                3    5424    86%
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>          3    1068    15%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx    3    2851     1%
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                          3    1596    53%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Gnote 0.3.1                                              87  133502
   2. Pros and Cons - NO FLAMES OR FUD                         27   28091
   3. Advocates - Don't Give Up (good Linux Video)             21   27242
   4. More cool Linux distros tested on the EeePC900           14   20932
      [News] Gnote 0.3.0                                       14   19505
      Dedication to Linux                                      14    7855
   7. debt                                                     13   27173
      A VistaBeta7 review, not 2 days old, and the revie       13   17713
   9. Get the Facts... About NPD and Microsoft                 12   20270
  10. [News] The Beginning of a Journey from Windows to        11   10992
  11. Linux Asus A110 netbook MOST POPULAR according to        10   12142
      SLAMMM!!!!!                                              10    9121
  13. [OT] Ourania Fizgig                                       8    6453
  14. [News] Vista 7 Can be Worse Than Vista, GNU/Linux         7    9717
      58/130                                                    7    4408
  16. World sales of Linux netbooks remain at 30%, not 4        6   11403
      Windows users, get your 'Certified For Conficker'         6    1842
      Any Canuck Linux fans in the group?                       6    2410
  19. [News] Dell Spreads GNU/Linux on More Sub-notebook        5    6365
      The trolls claim windows runs "most" Linux apps, I        5    4133
      Another Windows killer!                                   5   12567
      One good thing about desktop Linux                        5    7351
      [News] Microsoft's Analyst/Journalist Corruption C        5    5617
  24. The 9 minute Ubuntu install benefit for retailers         4   11109
      My first service call                                     4    4464
      [News] US Government Lags Behind in Free Software         4    4917
      [News] Microsoft loses patent lawsuit                     4    4200
      Speaking of monopoly abuse...                             4    3765
      [News] [Rival] People So Furious Over Vista That R        4    3437
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft Trashes/Thrashing Vista 7        4    6459
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     36
   2. Miguel de Icaza - Microsoft's Pet Monkey                         22
      Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       22
   4. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   17
   5. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           14
   6. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      12
   7. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     10
   8. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           9
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           9
  10. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        8
  11. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                               7
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   7
  13. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                     5
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          5
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           5
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               5
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              5
      Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          5
  19. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 4
      Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                  4
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          4
      GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                                      4
  23. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                         3
  24. none of your buisiness <none@xxxxxxxx>                            2
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       2
      Jag Chan <rup@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                        2
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      2
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                         2
  29. GPS <georgeps@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       1
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    147
   2. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          74
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        73
   4. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          72
      Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       72
   6. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              71
   7. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              69
   8. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   66
   9. Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         65
  10. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       64
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          64
      Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           64
  13. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                 63
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         63
  15. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                              60
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                        60
  17. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    59
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  59
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      59
  20. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         58
  21. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     57
  22. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                56
  23. GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                                     54
  24. Miguel de Icaza - Microsoft's Pet Monkey                          7
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           423
   2. slrn                                                            128
   3. Thunderbird                                                      74
   4. Forte Agent                                                      31
   5. Pan                                                              29
   6. G2/1.0                                                           26
   7. Gnus                                                              9
   8. XPN                                                               6
      tin                                                               6
  10. BlackBerry                                                        3
  11. Xnews                                                             2
  12. Mozilla                                                           1
      Microhard Lookout                                                 1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln

 09:00:16 up 3 days, 11:21,  3 users,  load average: 0.37, 0.08, 0.03