[News] Lessig's Accusations of MAFIAA 'Corruption', TPB Raises Funds to Fight Back

  • Subject: [News] Lessig's Accusations of MAFIAA 'Corruption', TPB Raises Funds to Fight Back
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 20:04:58 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Refuting Mark Helprin’s Views on Copyright

,----[ Quote ]
| Normally, this post would be something best left to someone like William
| Patry, whose credentials on copyright are above reproach. Lawrence Lessig has
| responded to Helprin in a contemporary and ingenious way, but Lessig’s main
| focus now has moved from intellectual property matters to what he has
| called “corruption” (and what Harvard Law School, his new employer calls “a
| major five-year project examining what happens when public institutions
| depend on money from sources that may be affected by the work of those
| institutions”).
`----

http://www.copycense.com/2009/05/refuting_mark_helprins_views_on_copyright.html

Pirate Bay organises Distributed Donation of Dollars attack

,----[ Quote ]
| Now this is interesting: with the arrival of a demand for some $4.5 million
| in damages, one of the founders of Pirate Bay has come up with an innovate
| method of paying it. Gottfrid Svartholm has set up something called
| internet-avgift which encourages ordinary Internet users who are friendly to
| the Pirate Bay cause to donate towards the cost of that fine. In fact, the
| system enables them to send those donations directly to the law firm which
| represented the music companies during the trial.

Lessig: Required Reading: the next 10 years

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.lessig.org/blog/archives/003800.shtml#003800