[News] [Rival] Microsoft Software and Hardware Behind the Competition, As Usual

Internet Explorer 8 vs Google Chrome…..The Duel

,----[ Quote ]
| IE 8 is bad enough on it’s own merits, but Microsoft has sank pretty damned
| low in turning it into a borderline trojan horse/spyware/browser search
| hijacker.
`----

http://izanbardprince.wordpress.com/2009/05/13/internet-explorer-8-vs-google-chrome-the-duel/

Microsoft’s anti-ipod ad shows how out of touch their Zune division is

,----[ Quote ]
| Would you rather have 180 real songs to keep or a lot of dead bits when you
| stop paying Microsoft?
|
| Now I’ve had my ipod for about 2 years now, so in that time I could have had
| 360 songs from the Apple store or more just for what I would have otherwise
| bought nothing from Microsoft for the same amount of money.
|
| Though I still buy the CDs and rip them myself most of the time, the ipod is
| clearly superior to the Zune.
|
| And if you thought you were going to be cute and record your SPDIF output,
| Vista will disable that if the file is DRM’d.
|
| Have fun lighting your money on fire with Zune + Vista!
`----

http://izanbardprince.wordpress.com/2009/05/14/microsofts-anti-ipod-ad-shows-how-out-of-touch-their-zune-division-is/

Recent:

E.U.'s Bundle Of Joy For Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Opera initiated the Commission's case when it first filed a complaint in late
| 2007. Since then it has become one of the case's "interested third parties"
| together with Google and Mozilla under the umbrella of Brussels-based ECIS,
| or the European Committee for Interoperable Systems.
|
| But won't bundling a few more browsers like Opera into Windows be just as
| unfair to other browsers who aren't included? "That is of course a question
| that has to be addressed," said ECIS's legal counsel Thomas Vinje, who thinks
| between four and five other browsers should be packaged in. "The choice of
| who is included is an important one." Opera is not guaranteed a place, Vinje
| insists. The Commission would take advice on that from independent experts.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/28/microsoft-european-union-markets-equity-browsers-opera.html

Microsoft Pushing Out IE8 Through Auto Update

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/04/microsoft_pushing_out_ie8_thro.html?wprss=securityfix