Re: [News] GNU/Linux Makes Windows XP Seem Like a Nightmare

> ____/ Terry Porter on Sunday 26 April 2009 13:16 : \____
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> Rant: Microsoft Windows Out of Box Experience Sucks
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>

> http://jkontherun.com/2009/04/19/microsoft-windows-out-of-box-experience-sucks/
>>

>> LOL, how STUPID is that ?
>>
>> Recently dr flatfish stated that MythTV is too complex and time consuming to
>> bother with, yet I can install a whole MythTV box from scratch in about 1/2
>> an hour.
>>
>> Here, a 'simple' Windows update takes 5 reboots and took almost
>> 3.5 hours, thats 7 times longer than installing MythTV.
>>
>> Why am I not surprised ?
>
> MythTV is great !! It just needs advertising (for itself, not for the TV).

Unfortunately, Mythtv completely favours the customer, by allowing
long-term storage of materials which have been broadcast to one's
receiver.  Most copyright owners aren't keen on that - they want the
consumer to accept having this stuff irradiating their premises, whilst
paying for the privilege... this is not a great fit :-)

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |