Re: [News] Dell Spreads GNU/Linux on More Sub-notebooks, EMTEC Gdium Profiled

Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Dell punts £199 10in netbook
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | To get the price down under 200 quid, Dell has dropped the 10's 160GB
>> | hard drive for an 8GB SSD, replace the 1024 x 600 display with a 1024 x
>> | 576 model, and pre-loaded the mini laptop with Linux: Ubuntu 8.04, to be
>> | precise.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/05/12/dell_200_quid_10in_netbook/
>

> Hahahahah!
>
> I hope megatroll is reading this!

A colleague of mine recently purchased a Dell netbook, but it only came
with Windows XP.  He's replaced the XP with Ubuntu for netbooks and is
exceptionally happy with it.

Most people I know who are buying PCs at the moment are buying these
mobility-focused appliances.  I don't know of anyone (except me) who's
bought a desktop recently.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |