[News] [Rival] New York Times Dumps Microsoft Silver Lie

Times Reader 2.0: Beautiful, and Beautifully Done. But is It a Dead End?

,----[ Quote ]
| Having begun my day by sniping at the New York Times, I wanted to end it by
| complimenting it: The company released version 2.0 of its Times Reader
| application today. The new version–which dumps Microsoft’s Silverlight
| platform for Adobe’s AIR–runs on Windows, OS X, and Linux, and in many ways
| it’s an impressive piece of work.
`----

http://technologizer.com/2009/05/12/timesreader/

Recent:

MLB.com looks great on desktop Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| If you visit MLB.com and look to see if you can watch baseball games over the
| Internet, you'll be informed that you'll need Windows or a Mac to watch them.
| Wrong. Any modern Linux desktop distribution will let you keep up with your
| favorite team.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/mlb_com_looks_great_on_desktop_linux

Why baseball benched Microsoft Silverlight

,----[ Quote ]
| The other major issue was that baseball considered Silverlight too unstable.
| There were some high-profile glitches, including last year’s opening day,
| which saw many MLB.com subscribers struggling to log in and others who were
| unable to watch games. The malfunctions lasted several days.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10212843-93.html?tag=newsLatestHeadlinesArea.0

Silverlight Adoption Hampered by Economic Crisis

,----[ Quote ]
| Silverlight's real promise for the business customer -- to improve user
| interfaces for day-to-day applications -- has been thwarted by tightening
| budgets.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/158507/silverlight_adoption_hampered_by_economic_crisis.html?tk=rss_news

NBC dumps Microsoft’s Silverlight after Olympics; goes back to Adobe’s Flash
for NFL

,----[ Quote ]
| "NBC just finished broadcasting the Olympics online with Microsoft's
| Silverlight video technology, but the network and the NFL are turning back to
| Adobe's Flash for live streaming of Sunday Night Football this fall, and
| started tonight with the season opener between the NY Giants and the
| Washington Redskins," Michael Learmonth reports for Silicon Alley Insider.
`----

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/18371/

Salesforce Says No to Silverlight

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/Salesforce-says-No-to-Silverlight/

Related:

Microsoft's Silverlight Promises to Disrupt Linux Web Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Just as it seemed that Linux users (especially 64-bit users) would
| finally be able to enjoy streaming content with a minimum of
| hassle, Microsoft's new Silverlight software promises to throw a
| wrench in the works. Because of sites like Google Video and
| Youtube, Flash video has become a common means of streaming
| multimedia over the Internet.

Microsoft's 'Everywhere' excludes Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| This browser add-on enables rendering of WPF content, but
| "Everywhere" doesn't include Linux.

ECIS Accuses Microsoft of Plotting HTML Hijack

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/ECIS_Accuses_Microsoft_of_Plotting_HTML_Hijack/1169824569