[News] New Free (Libre) Encryption and Speech Recognition System

TrueCrypt 6.2 disk encryption software released

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 6.2 of TrueCrypt has been released and includes several improvements,
| security enhancements and bug fixes on all platforms. The open source, cross
| platform disk encryption tool has an updated I/O pipeline that uses
| read-ahead buffering to improve the read performance, especially on
| solid-state drives (SSD), by around 30 to 50 per cent.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/137675

simon - Open Source Language-Independent Speech Recognition System

,----[ Quote ]
| simon, developed as an open-source platform under the General Public License
| (GPL) has the aim to serve as an advanced and state of the art speech
| recognition system (SRC) for people with locomotor and cognitive
| dysfunctions.
`----

http://www.ehealthnews.eu/content/view/1602/27/

Recent:

HIMSS 08: IGEL Technology Presents Full Dictation and Speech Recognition
Capabilities on Linux and XPembedded Thin Clients

,----[ Quote ]
| IGEL Technology, one of the world's leading thin client vendors, today
| announced that they have partnered with Philips Speech Recognition Systems to
| bring advanced digital dictation and speech recognition solutions to its
| Linux firmware.
`----

http://www.centredaily.com/business/technology/story/420520.html

Sphinx: Open Source Speech Recognition

,----[ Quote ]
| Have you been frustrated with speech recognition software in the past? I've
| used the top proprietary products, such as IBM's ViaVoice and Nuance's Dragon
| Naturally Speaking in the past. I've found limited good uses for them, but
| they're not entirely accurate, and they're reasonably expensive.
| Carnegie-Mellon University developed a free offering called Sphinx, which may
| be a good alternative for many people, and it's now offered under a BSD
| license.
`----

http://ostatic.com/173381-blog/sphinx-open-source-speech-recognition

Related:

Asterisk Fuels Speech Technologies

,----[ Quote ]
| It should be noted that Sphinx is an open-source speech recognition
| engine but as the execs at LumenVox tell me, they took Sphinx and
| added 30-35 years of development to make it commercial grade and
| easier to program with.
`----

http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topics/development-tools/articles/6826-asterisk-fuels-speech-technologies.htm

Automatic speech recognizer claims 98% accuracy

,----[ Quote ]
| Fonix Speech has updated its automatic speech recognition
| (ASR) software that runs on Linux, among other OSes. The
| company claims that VoiceIn SE 4.1 boosts recognition by
| 24 percent, to accuracy rates as high as 98 percent, and
| offers significantly improved recognition accuracy in
| "noise-saturated" environments.

Improving Open Source Speech Recognition

,----[ Quote ]
| We are essentially creating a user-submitted repository of the
| 'source' speech audio for the creation of Acoustic Models to be
| used by Speech Recognition Engines. The Speech Audio files will
| then be 'compiled' into Acoustic Models for use with Open Source
| Speech Recognition engines such as Sphinx, HTK, CAVS and Julius."
`----

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/10/10/1953216&from=rss

Fonix Releases Linux-Supported Automatic Speech Recognition Technology

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://in.sys-con.com/read/280838_p.htm