[News] Mandriva Linux 2009.1 Reviews Are Still Good

Mandriva 2009.1 Spring shows a lot of promise

,----[ Quote ]
| So if you are looking for some distro hopping I can warmly recommend to give
| the latest Mandriva a whirl - especially if you are looking for a KDE4 based
| solution, but their Gnome offer totally fine as well. You just might end up
| liking it.
`----

http://www.bitburners.com/articles/mandriva-20091-spring-shows-a-lot-of-promise/4421/

Review - Mandriva 2009.1 (KDE edition)

,----[ Quote ]
| But could I use it full time? Almost certainly yes, and if I wasn’t very tied
| to Gnome and the Gnome libraries and applications then I’d consider making
| the switch.
`----

http://teknostatik.co.uk/?p=611

Recent:

Mandriva 2009.1

,----[ Quote ]
| This GNOME desktop was excellent, and it maintained the layout of the KDE
| menu, which is good for someone who wants to try both desktops out.
`----

http://blog.jjtcomputing.co.uk/2009/05/10/mandriva-20091/

A quick look at Mandriva 2009.1 RC2

,----[ Quote ]
| The Live CD booted much faster than the previous versions. I did not time it
| but it was definitely faster. The boot screen also revealed new artwork which
| I like better than the one in Mandriva 2009. Apart from the looks, the system
| was as stable as any other Mandriva release.
`----

http://pbs01.wordpress.com/2009/04/18/a-quick-look-at-mandriva-20091-rc2/

Mandriva 2009.1 RC1 Screenshot Tour For both KDE and GNOME editions

,----[ Quote ]
| On March 10th, Mandriva announced the immediate availability of Mandriva
| Linux 2009.1 RC1. Though a bit late, we thought it would be nice to please
| some of our readers and offer them a visual tour of this first release
| candidate. And we promise that from now on we will keep you updated with
| screenshots for all Mandriva releases, so stay tuned!
|
| What's new in Mandriva Linux 2009.1 RC1? Well, the most important feature of
| this release is draksnapshot a.k.a. the brand new system restore
| functionality. Another cool addition is the HDT (Hardware Detection Tool)
| that allows users to get a complete description of the hardware without
| needing to install the operating system to the hard drive.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mandriva-2009-1-RC1-Screenshot-Tour-106893.shtml

Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring RC1 ready for testing

,----[  Quote]
| The Mandriva development team today announced a release candidate for its
| 2009 Spring release, codenamed Pomerol. Release candidate 1 includes KDE
| 4.2.1, GNOME 2.25.92, Xfce 4.6, X.org server 1.6, OpenOffice.Org 3.0.1 and
| the brand-new qt 4.5.0.
|
| In addition to features such as Speedboot, included in the beta release last
| month, 2009 Spring RC1 includes the experimental hybrid ISO technology.
| Hybrid ISO allows users to dump an ISO image to USB storage devices which can
| be used to boot additional devices such as netbooks.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=4349

Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring RC1 ready for tests!

http://blog.mandriva.com/2009/03/11/mandriva-linux-2009-spring-rc1-ready-for-tests/

Mandriva 2009.0: Much improved since last year

,----[ Quote ]
| On my completely subjective rating scale……4.9 out of 5.
`----

http://izanbardprince.wordpress.com/2009/03/06/mandriva-20090-much-improved-since-last-year/

Mandriva 2009.0 KDE 4.2.1 packages available - With Qt 4.5.0 final !!!

,----[ Quote ]
| Arrived the time of year of doing another test upgrade for Mandriva users.
`----

http://linux.blogs2k.com/2009/03/05/mandriva-20090-kde-421-packages-available-with-qt-450-final/

Mandriva Linux: What Windows should be.

,----[ Quote ]
| For the last 15 or more years I have been waiting for Linux to be as user
| friendly as Windows. As more and more impressive software came out for
| windows, this grew stronger and stronger. Now, I am finally satisfied. I
| installed and instantly saw that my life was about to get easier. I spend
| about 16 hours a day coding and Googling. So, my operating system must be top
| notch. I also do not like to sit and type commands all day either. But with
| Mandriva 2009, I do not have to!
|
| It happens everytime my girlfriend goes to MySpace. She gets infected with
| malware, despite running Spybot SD and AVG. Great job, now I am going to have
| to clean her PC out again right? Wrong, I formatted the drive and installed
| Mandriva. She is now browsing safely and is having no problem using Linux. It
| is as easy as Windows now, but without the bullshit. Now, I do not complain
| that she is going to MySpace!
`----

http://blog.stablephp.com/mandriva-linux-what-windows-should-be

Mandriva 2009.1 Beta Boots Faster

,----[ Quote ]
| Delayed two days, Mandriva announced last night (February 12th) the beta
| version of the upcoming Mandriva Linux 2009.1 (Spring) distribution. This
| beta release brings a Live CD, for anyone who wants to test it without
| installing it, and some of the hottest Linux technologies, such as: Linux
| kernel 2.6.28, X.org Server 1.5.99.902, KDE 4.2, GNOME 2.26 Beta, XFCE 4.6
| Beta 3, OpenOffice.Org 3.0.1, LXDE, Python 2.6.1 and above all that, support
| for the EXT4 filesystem, in the installer.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mandriva-2009-1-Beta-Boots-Faster-104427.shtml

Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring makes its debut

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=4088