[News] Forbes Magazine Explains How to Dump Windows for GNU/Linux

Migrating To Linux--Safely

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the years, a ferocious debate has raged over the total cost of ownership
| for Windows vs. Linux systems. Countless studies have tackled this issue;
| chances are you can find "proof" for almost any conceivable position on the
| TCO controversy.
|
| Taken together, however, these studies actually illustrate a single important
| point: Never trust cookie-cutter solutions to complicated IT problems. Treat
| Linux as one possible solution, rather than as the solution, and you're
| already ahead of the game.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2009/05/11/windows-linux-software-entrepreneurs-technology-bmighty.html

Related:

Microsoft's Desperate Move

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft on Tuesday appeared to hedge its bets on a deal with Yahoo!,
| reiterating its stance that it has many ways to grow its ad business with or
| without the Web portal. "Yahoo! is just part of our strategy," Siebrecht
| said. "We'll get there through organic investment and acquisition. There are
| other companies out there that could help accelerate that as well."
|
| That message is getting really old, Microsoft. You've either got a game plan
| or you don't.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/technology/enterprisetech/2008/05/21/microsoft-online-advertising-tech-enter-cx_wt_0521msft.html

Is Microsoft Aura Fading?

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday's early relief rally reversed, and Microsoft's value has now fallen
| by more than $30 billion since it unveiled its bid for Yahoo on February 1.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121004447596669953.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Microsoft stock drops amid slumping sales

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_9061263