[News] Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04 "Works Like a Charm"

Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04 & Asus eee 904 Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| As 'World + dog' is rev'd up by the release of Ubuntu 9.04 I thought I'd use
| up some bandwidth and download several of the available versions. Yet again
| bittorrent proves its worth for things other than just pirating movies.
|
| My test machines have been an IBM R40 notebook (tried Jaunty x32, Januty
| Netbook Remix, Mythbuntu 9.04 & Kubuntu 9.04 on it) and an Asus eee 900 w/
| 4GB SSD + 16GB SSD (Jaunty Netbook Remix).
|
| [...]
|
| Works like a charm.
`----

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/nzsouthernman/6494

Recent:

Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04 on an entry-level netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| Once installed, booting UNR from power on to login prompt was a swift 35
| seconds. That’s 13 seconds off Windows7 RC’s time on the exact same hardware.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/24883/1143/

Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04 Beta released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu team is pleased to announce the beta release of Ubuntu Netbook
| Remix 9.04.  This is the first release of UNR to be fully integrated into the
| Ubuntu family, fully up to date with the latest applications and hardware
| support.
`----

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2009-April/000120.html

Related:

A look at Ubuntu Netbook Remix

,----[ Quote ]
| From an educational perspective, an Ubuntu-powered netbook might be a great
| choice for students. These machines are typically quite low priced, making it
| much easier for people to be able to own one themselves. Ubuntu is a well
| supported platform, with thousands of items of software, including Moodle,
| which could be used to construct an offline learning environment if someone
| did not have constant access to the Internet. It is regularly updated with
| new features (but you can also still with a long term stable version if you
| want) keeping it in tune with today's world, unlike the ageing Windows XP
| which was brought out years before most people even had broadband, never mind
| a netbook.
`----

http://www.greenhughes.com/content/a-look-ubuntu-netbook-remix

Ubuntu gets the Remix right

,----[ Quote ]
| Shuttleworth's company Canonical is behind the Ubuntu Linux distribution and
| recently announced what it called a Ubuntu Notebook Remix which could be used
| on certain portable internet-centric devices. In the case of Ubuntu, this is
| aimed at devices which are built around Intel's Atom procesor. This, of
| course, is trying to follow in the footsteps of the eeePC which has enjoyed
| success beyond anybody's wildest dreams.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/18737/1090/

Hands on with the Ubuntu Netbook Remix

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical is positioning itself to take the lead on software in the
| subnotebook market, but a big piece of the puzzle is still absent: customers.
| Although Canonical is working closely with Intel on reference designs, there
| is no word yet about potential commercial adopters for the Netbook Remix. No
| major OEMs have revealed plans to use it yet and Canonical is still actively
| looking for new partners in the hardware space. Regardless of whether it gets
| picked up by hardware makers like Asus, it is sure to be a big hit with
| Ubuntu's fans. The fact that so many users are installing the regular desktop
| version of Ubuntu on their Eee laptops is strong indication that there is
| demand for Ubuntu on subnotebooks.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080604-hands-on-with-the-ubuntu-netbook-remix.html
http://tinyurl.com/3laf8b