[News] The Tcl Programming Language Explored

The A-Z of Programming Languages: Tcl

,----[ Quote ]
| Our series on the most popular programming languages continues as we chat to
| Tcl creator John Ousterhout
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/301772/-z_programming_languages_tcl?rid=-219

A Brief, Incomplete, and Mostly Wrong History of Programming Languages

,----[ Quote ]
| 1801 - Joseph Marie Jacquard uses punch cards to instruct a loom to
| weave "hello, world" into a tapestry. Redditers of the time are not impressed
| due to the lack of tail call recursion, concurrency, or proper
| capitalization.
|
| 1842 - Ada Lovelace writes the first program. She is hampered in her efforts
| by the minor inconvenience that she doesn't have any actual computers to run
| her code. Enterprise architects will later relearn her techniques in order to
| program in UML.
`----

http://james-iry.blogspot.com/2009/05/brief-incomplete-and-mostly-wrong.html

Related:

Tcl/Tk - Recent Advances

,----[ Quote ]
| There has been a lot of news in the Tcl/Tk community the last month or so,
| and I thought it's time to compile them here since Coccinella is written in
| Tcl. Tcl's windowing toolkit, Tk, has been "known" to be ugly and outdated.
| With the 8.5 release last December the tile package, now named ttk (Themed
| Tk), is included in the core which brings true native widgets on Windows
| (yes, Vista too) and Mac. Since Mac is my native platform, I can tell you
| that Tk beats both Qt and gtk, but perhaps I haven't seen the latest of them.
`----

http://coccinella.im/tcl-tk-recent-advances

Latest Release: Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 (Dec 20, 2007)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html