[News] FOSS Business Acquires Another

SpringSource acquires Hyperic to build end-to-end Java stack

,----[ Quote ]
| Enterprise Java vendor SpringSource has acquired Hyperic, a company that
| makes Java-based system monitoring and management tools. SpringSource says
| that the acquisition will enable them to offer a tightly integrated
| end-to-end solution for development, deployment, and management of enterprise
| Java applications.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/05/springsource-acquires-hyperic-to-build-end-to-end-java-stack-1.ars

The setting Sun: responses to the acquisition

,----[ Quote ]
| Oracle's acquisition of Sun raised a lot of questions about the future of
| Sun's core technologies. Oracle says that it is committed to Solaris and
| Java, but some open source advocates are concerned about the implications for
| OpenOffice.org and MySQL. Ars looks at how Oracle and members of the open
| source software community have responded to the acquisition.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/05/the-setting-sun-responses-to-the-acquisition.ars

Recent:

Hyperic Adds Xen Support

,----[ Quote ]
| My favorite new virt-specific metric: CPU % Stolen. Yup, it's what it sounds
| like; thanks to the Xen/Linux base, the developers offer up stats on
| over-allocated virt processors. Ever run into a clocked CPU in one of your
| Xen VMs when nothing is really happening on the guest? CPU % Stolen
| identifies the problem - and the thief. You’ll be able to see what other VM
| is poaching cycles from your dedicated resource. This new stat is Xen-only;
| Hyperic doesn’t have a hook into this metric for VMware ESX.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/08/hyperic_adds_xe.html

Related:

Open Source Systems Management: Hyperic generates Momentum Europe-wide

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/09/16/open-source-systems-management-hyperic-generates-momentum-europe-wide/

,----[ Quote ]
| I am very excited to have finally formalized our relationship with the Order
| of the Green Polo, the folks that run OpenNMS.
`----

http://www.hyperic.com/blog/hyperic/2008/03/06/hyperic-opennms-better-together/

Red Hat, Hyperic start open-source project

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/02/14/Red-Hat-Hyperic-start-open-source-project_1.html