[News] New GNU/Linux Console and GNOME Applications

More console apps, for future reference

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve been scraping the Internets again, looking for more fun little things to
| do at the console, and I found quite a few, thanks to some of the links I
| mentioned over the past week. I wish I could say I found a few more jewels,
| but most of what I’m finding now are esoteric, out-of-development or only
| vaguely useful in certain circumstances.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2009/05/04/more-console-apps-for-future-reference/

Gmail Notifier is a Light, Convenient Email Checker for Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux: Ubuntu 9.04's Growl-like, transparent notifications are slick and
| convenient for corner-of-your-view updates. Gmail Notifier takes full
| advantage of the latest Ubuntu improvements to provide lightweight Gmail
| checking on a schedule.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5239203/gmail-notifier-is-a-light-convenient-email-checker-for-ubuntu

Related:

Microsoft says Gmail is a virus

,----[ Quote ]
| It seems that Microsoft has started flagged Gmail as a virus in
| their virus scanning software Windows Live OneCare.  Many people
| are reporting that every time they open Gmail, a warning is
| displayed telling the user they are infected with "BAT/BWG.A".
|
| Now, either Gmail is a virus, or Microsoft is generating false
| positives.  Some affected by this "virus" say other anti-virus
| products do not pick up the infection -- to me, this is a bit
| suspicious.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Google/index.php?p=386

KGmailNotifier [0.3.1 Released]