[News] [Rival] More Companies Poisoned by Microsoft Staff, Microsoft Hires Republicans

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] More Companies Poisoned by Microsoft Staff, Microsoft Hires Republicans
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 22:36:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Industry Moves: Cyrus Krohn Returns To Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Krohn previously worked at Microsoft from 1996 through 2005, succeeding Moore
| as publisher of Slate.com and working for him at MSN Video. When Moore moved
| to Yahoo in 2005, Krohn soon followed. He left Yahoo in 2007 to head digital
| campaigning for the RNC, departing that role in early March. The Washington
| Post described his resignation as “an especially heavy blow—not just to the
| RNC, but to the conservative blogosphere.”
`----

http://www.paidcontent.org/entry/419-industry-moves-cyrus-krohn-returns-to-microsoft/

Former Microsoft Vice President Joins the Board of Directors of DataInfoCom

,----[ Quote ]
| Chris Stanley, former Vice President, Enterprise and Partner Group, Asia, at
| Microsoft, has joined the Board of Directors of DataInfoCom, a company whose
| patent-pending technologies not only predict a process' future, but also
| produce actionable decisions to take advantage of these predictions.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090429006200&newsLang=en

OVP Invests $1.5M in Cloud Data Storage Startup, Symform

,----[ Quote ]
| Seattle-based Symform, a small company that provides data storage and backup
| in the Internet cloud, is announcing today a $1.5 million Series A financing
| from OVP Venture Partners in Kirkland, WA. This is the first new investment
| OVP has announced this year; the firm made six follow-on investments last
| quarter. Managing directors Mark Ashida and Lucinda Stewart are joining
| Symform’s board.
|
| As for Symform, the young startup we profiled back in February, it’s a
| significant step forward. The company was founded in late 2007 by
| ex-Microsoft veterans Praerit Garg and Bassam Tabbara, and has been
| developing its product for the past year and a half.
`----

http://www.xconomy.com/seattle/2009/04/27/ovp-invests-15m-in-cloud-data-storage-startup-symform/

xconomy.com = pro-Microsoft press

One of the managing directors of OVP has history in Microsoft:

http://www.ovp.com/the-team/managing-directors/mark-ashida.html

Related:

M'SOFT NOT YET ON BOARD

,----[ Quote ]