[News] GNOME Steps Up Technically and GNOME Journal Released

GConf - GNOME Desktop on steroids

,----[ Quote ]
| GConf is a system of storing preferences of most of the installed
| applications, as well as the environment and desktop for GNOME for Linux.
|
| GConf made its way into GNOME 2.0 first, but it also can be used in pure
| GTK+, XLib, KDE or pure text mode. The tool so far isn’t very spectacular,
| but its developers have quite ambitious plans.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/gnome/gconf-gnome-desktop-on-steroids/

The GNOME Foundation Needs Your Help

http://www.j5live.com/2009/04/30/the-gnome-foundation-needs-your-help/

Behind the Scenes: Stormy Peters

,----[ Quote ]
| Jayson Rowe interviews Stormy Peters, the Executive Director of the GNOME
| Foundation. Stormy discusses how she started in open source, her role in
| GNOME, her view of GNOME’s future and more.
`----

http://gnomejournal.org/article/64/behind-the-scenes-stormy-peters

Recent:

Next GNOME Foundation Elections

,----[ Quote ]
| As people probably remember, the current GNOME Foundation Board was elected
| to serve until June 30th, 2009. We changed the end date from December 31th to
| June 30th so that the new board could have a face-to-face meeting at the very
| beginning of its term, during GUADEC. This face-to-face meeting is most
| useful to energize the board and make things go faster, so it really makes
| sense to have it occur at the beginning of a board term.
`----

http://www.vuntz.net/journal/post/2009/03/24/Next-GNOME-Foundation-Elections

GNOME 2.26: Fast & Stable, But Light On The New Features

,----[ Quote ]
| As I’ve used GNOME 2.26, I tried hard to find new things to make the overall
| release notable, but unfortunately I couldn’t really find anything exciting.
| Don’t get me wrong, GNOME is not a horrible desktop by any means; it’s fast,
| stable and gets the job done. However, this new release likely will not do
| much to convince users of other desktop environments to make the switch.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=240

Changes to the GNOME System Administration Team

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/328911/