[News] SCO Backer and Groklaw Basher Caught Red Handed

Sys-Con status update: a minor victory and next steps

,----[ Quote ]
| their sys-con.com domain (with duplicate content and articles that feature
| keyword stuffing) is still being indexed. IBM is looking into their
| relationship with Sys-Con. Google News has stopped syndicating the libelous
| Sys-Con articles about me.
`----

http://aralbalkan.com/2316

Sys-Con.com publishes 437 copies of every article

,----[ Quote ]
| So, on Sys-Con.com alone, there are 437 copies of every article. Ulitzer.com
| is basically a mirror of Sys-Con.com with different styling but the same
| content. So, across both domains, Sys-Con Media publishes 874 copies of every
| article in its system.
|
| [...]
|
| And this is how all that duplicate content looks on Google: search Google for
| inurl:sys-con inurl:439215. There are 241 results returned for just that one
| Sys-Con.com article. In other words, Google has well and truly been spammed
| by Sys-Con.com.
`----

http://aralbalkan.com/2315

More on journalistic integrity: Sys-Con, Ulitzer, theft and libel

,----[ Quote ]
| Meanwhile, I'm going to be talking about this to everybody I know at
| Microsoft, desperately seeking to find out which department engaged the
| advertising with Sys-Con, and looking to convince them that they don't need
| this kind of press or association. Ditto for the contacts (far fewer in
| number) I have with IBM, and any other Sys-Con advertiser I find.
`----

http://www.javaworld.com/community/node/3261

Recent:

My Sys-Con Nightmare

,----[ Quote ]
| It all started at the end of March, 2009, when I discovered that I was listed
| as an author on a site called Ulitzer (http://ulitzer.com)*. They had used my
| name as a subdomain on their site (aralbalkan.ulitzer.com; this has since
| been removed) and the site presented a photo of me, stating that I had been
| an author with them for several years. They had also scraped my blog posts
| and were reproducing them on the site under a different license to the one
| that I had published them under.
|
| Beyond simply using my content without permission, they had misappropriated
| my identity by stating that I was one of their authors. And I wasn't the only
| one. To this day, David Heinemeier Hansson
| (http://davidheinemeierhansson.ulitzer.com/) is a Ulitzer author (he's
| apparently been writing for them since November 24, 2005), as is â quite
| ironically, I may add â Matt Cutts (http://mattcutts.ulitzer.com/), head of
| Google's webspam team, who has apparently been a "Ulitzer author since
| September 3, 2008".
|
| Other prominent Ulitzer authors include Tim O'Reilly (@timoreilly,
| http://timoreilly.ulitzer.com/), Jeremy Allaire (@jerBrightcove,
| http://jeremyallaire.ulitzer.com/), Dion Almaer (@dalmaer,
| http://dionalmaer.ulitzer.com/), and Michael Arrington
| (http://michaelarrington.ulitzer.com), among many, many, others. Needless to
| say, I can only assume that many of these authors don't have a clue that
| their identities are being misappropriated and that their content is being
| used without permission.
|
| [...]
|
| Following that first article, they published another article, titled "Turkish
| Web Designer Declares Death on Twitter" in which they stated that I was "said
| to be organizing an underground group to kill or bodily harm the company
| representatives according to his Twitter logs" and continued to compare me to
| the Turkish assassin who "shot and wounded Pope John Paul II on May 13,
| 1981". The details of that article are documented here.
|
| [...]
|
| I am not the first person Sys-Con have attacked like this â they also very
| publicly attacked Jame Ervin, calling her (among other things) a "bitch" as
| documented here â but I would like to make sure that I am the last. This is
| an opportunity for us to say "no" to Sys-Con once and for all and to make
| them understand that we will not put up with online bullying.
|
| I do not have, nor have I ever had a "cihad", jihad, or any other "*had" with
| Sys-Con but what I have had is enough of their bullying.
|
| So what can we do? Well, several things.
|
| Boycott Sys-Con
`----

http://aralbalkan.com/2284

Maureen O'Gara Disparages Judge Dale Kimball's Ruling

,----[ Quote ]
| Maureen O'Gara, that intrepid American technology [sic] journalist [sic],
| took a swipe at Judge Kimball's ruling in SCO v. Novell. And she did it
| behind the ".NETDJ News Desk" byline on the cutting edge Sys-Con website,
| Open Source version. (If you want the entire article, Google for it. I refuse
| to provide a link.
|
| [...]
|
| And you thought Maureen had been banned from Sys-Con, didn't you?
`----

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/08/maureen-ogara-disparages-judge-dale.html

Related:

Where'd They [Microsoft and its ilk] Get That? - Part One

,----[ Quote ]
| Is that not a wonder? She [O'Gara] tells us what is in a sealed
| document, that it is about some privileged IBM email. Privileged
| means that the public isn't supposed to learn about it. So does
| sealed. If you go to the court, they are not supposed to give you
| that info, so the logical source would be one of the parties. I
| think we may safely assume it wasn't IBM, and it would be improper
| for SCO to release it.

Dan Lyons gets obsessed

,----[ Quote ]
`----