Re: Roy Misrepresents a Story Again

After takin' a swig o' grog, Stone Mirror belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> On Aug 1, 1:39?pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Google defends Google Apps security
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The controversy centers on a plan by the City of Los Angeles to replace its
>> | Novell GroupWise e-mail and Microsoft Office applications with Google Apps.
>> | Under the $7.25 million plan, the city will transition about 30,000 users to
>> | Google's e-mail and office productivity products by the end of December 2009. ?
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9135975/Google_defends_Google_...
>
> In fact, the story is about the _controversy_ over the proposal to
> move to Google Apps, and place sensitive health- and justice-related
> materials "in the cloud" and under Google's control. Among the parties
> who have raised objections to this are the city's police department,
> the city attorney's office, and a variety of privacy-related public
> interest groups. None of that makes it into Roy's presentation
> however, to listen to him, you'd think this was a done deal.
>
> Roy seems quite happy to trade off the security and privacy of
> sensitive city records to a corporation with a spotty record in those
> areas, just as long as it hurts Novell. It hasn't happened yet,
> though, and it's irresponsible of Roy to slant the story as though it
> has.

We all know about Roy's headlines.  I wish he'd quit making them up, and
just copy them from the main article.  However, anyone is free to check out
the real story, and should, if they think it means anything to them.

Pretty much every fscking Subject and link Roy and some other trolls post
cannot be trusted, in my experience.  Even if the mistakes are innocent,
it just adds to the chaff of this place.

Say, what brought you here from Google Groups to police things up?

--
You will be the last person to buy a Chrysler.