Re: CentOS will continue

Stone Mirror wrote:
On Aug 1, 8:05 pm, RonB <ronb02NOS...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What else is new and what is with you guys that you just can't
ignore him?

If Roy and his little trollettes weren't in the habit of disrupting
mailing lists, pouring endless (mostly anonymous) comments into blog
postings with which they disagree, and going out of their way to
malign members of the community, and instead confined their paranoia
to Roy's web site, I think we'd be happy to ignore them.

However, it's simply gotten to be flat-out impossible to have any sort
of a reasoned discussion on a public mailing list or an unmoderated
blog around things like sexism in the community, or Mono, or Stallman,
or any number of things at odds with their extremist "agenda"  without
a bunch of back-seat drivers jumping in with a lot of vitriol,
demands, abuse and unjustified senses of entitlement.

I don't see Roy's writing, except on COLA. The WinTroll problem is a lot bigger issue here than what "Roy is doing." His news clippings are about the only thing that keeps this newsgroup's signal to noise ratio anywhere near even. With my many killfiles in place, I only see about a third of the posts on this newsgroup as is.

And, as I've mentioned earlier, it looks like his reporting on the CentOS situation turned out to be spot on.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"