Re: GNU/Linux and Free Software coverage in print magazines

nessuno wrote:
There's no question that there's been a tremendous increase in
attention given to Linux in the mainstream press (not only computer
mags) in the last couple of years.  There has also been some erosion
in the "computers=Windows" mentality; I'd say maybe only 40% of the
mainstream articles I see now carry that attitude, whereas it used to
be maybe 80-90%.  And the references to Linux are often quite
favorable.

Agreed.

I would never suggest that this was a sign of global Linux domination, but it certainly is a sign that people are becoming aware of alternatives to what has been considered "the only PC solution"

Whatever products a user ends up with if they do so as a result of a balanced and informed choice, then that can only be a good thing.

--
Goblin
"I refute the claim I am one of the Linux unwashed, I take a shower once a year whether I need it or not."

Visit the blog of Goblin (Openbytes)
http://www.openbytes.wordpress.com
"Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/_Goblin

Or catch me on: #boycottnovell #linuxoutlaws on Freenode.net!