[News] Latest Fluxbox in a Snapshot

Fluxbox In-Depth: Mad Customization And Other Tips

,----[ Quote ]
| When I was first preparing to switch to Linux many years ago, I went into
| research mode and looked around the net a bit. At the time, part of the
| allure of Linux were the crazy cool desktops people had. After I switched I
| tried Gnome, then KDE, and was depressed at how uncool and *dozelike they
| were. Eventually, I discovered that all those amazing desktops were the
| result of Fluxbox (or the other *box forks). I switched immediately.
`----

http://linuxcritic.wordpress.com/2009/08/03/fluxbox-in-depth-mad-customization-and-other-tips/

Recent:

Two weeks, still loving Fluxbox

,----[ Quote ]
| Two and a half weeks ago, I got a netbook and promptly installed Ubuntu,
| followed by Fluxbox (as already explained). And after two weeks of almost
| continued use, I like it even more than when I decided to use it. Some of the
| points I really enjoy (in no particular order).
`----

http://berenguel.blogspot.com/2009/08/two-weeks-still-loving-fluxbox.html

Get to know Linux: Fluxbox

,----[ Quote ]
| If youâve been around Linux long enough, then you most likely will have heard
| about Fluxbox. Fluxbox is a desktop that was based on Blackbox 0.61.1, which
| makes it extremely light weight, fast, and reliable. Fluxbox is also very
| minimalistic which makes it ideal for certain situations. Although Fluxbox
| might seem somewhat lacking in the features of a standard, modern desktop,
| donât sell it short. Fluxbox is easy to use and doesnât suffer from the bloat
| of other desktops.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/05/06/get-to-know-linux-fluxbox/

Mint 6 âFluxboxâ - Short Review - Desktop Emphasis

,----[ Quote ]
| Meet Mint 6 Felicia, the community âFluxboxâ remake. The Fluxbox is a window
| manager that replaces Gnomeâs default window manager. It is lightweight,
| customizable, and fast.
`----

http://superphysics.awardspace.com/2009/04/14/mint-6-fluxbox-short-review-desktop-emphasis/

Linux Mint 6 âFeliciaâ Fluxbox CE released!

,----[ Quote ]
| The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 6 Fluxbox Community
| Edition. Linux Mint Fluxbox Community Edition is based on Xubuntu 8.10
| Intrepid, Linux 2.6.27, Fluxbox 1.0.0 and Xorg 7.4. Included is an all-new
| menu system, Mint-FM2, Slim as a display manager, Live CD features that
| should make it easier to install on low-end machines, a brand new âSoftware
| Managerâ, FTP support in mintUpload, proxy support and history of updates in
| mintUpdate, mint4win (a Linux Mint installer for Microsoft Windows), and much
| more minty goodness. For a complete list of new features read: Whatâs new in
| Felicia Fluxbox CE?
`----

http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=724

Eight Reasons Why Fluxbox Is My Favorite Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| What other annoyances doesn't Fluxbox have? It doesn't take extra time to
| start up with a splashy opening. It doesn't declare 1000 dumb sounds for
| every trivial event (KDE, 1000 confirmed dialogs to disable, waterboarding,
| dominatrix), it doesn't require a whole suite of programs to go with its
| environment... it does exactly what so many interface pundits out there say
| they want: it's happy to be invisible. Two days into your first Fluxbox
| trial, and you will forget it's there!
`----

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=eight_reasons_why_fluxbox_is_my_favorite&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

FluxFlux-Se released

,----[ Quote ]
| FluxFlux-Se has been released today. FluxFlux is a PCLinuxOS Remaster &
| provides a fully configured and ready-to-use live system containing all
| typical programs for the average user.
`----

http://eeepc.itrunsonlinux.com/the-news/1-latest-news/268-fluxflux-se-released

Linux Mint 6 Felicia Fluxbox CE, In Depth

,----[ Quote ]
| A review of the new Linux Mint 6 Felicia Fluxbox CE
|
| Find more about Felicia Fluxbox here: http://twitclicks.com/735k
|
| Enjoy the embedded video, or download this episode is many formats below:
`----

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/?p=630

Fluxbox - Ultra-Fast/Simple Linux GUI

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu does have nicely written documentation on fluxbox
| with Ubuntu, Âincluding how to install it, trying
| it out and moreover what you can do with
| it - including customization. Yes, there is some
| command line stuff involved
| but itâs well worth the effort.
`----

http://www.pcmech.com/article/fluxbox-ultra-fastsimple-linux-gui/

In A State Of Flux

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/07/in-state-of-flux.html

Technology: Fluxbuntu: User-friendly Featherweight Linux?

http://www.techthrob.com/tech/fluxbuntu.php

Related:

Come Fly with Fluxbuntu

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/01/come-fly-with-fluxbuntu.html

Review: TinyFlux 1.0

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=363

Fluxbuntu 7.10 RC review

http://distroblog.com/fluxbuntu-710-rc-review/

Fluxbuntu 7.10 RC on 450Mhz K6-2, 256Mb

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2007/10/28/fluxbuntu-710-rc-on-450mhz-k6-2-256mb/

A weekend with fluxbox.

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/a-weekend-with-fluxbox-18594

Fluxbox on Gutsy, just to be different

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2007/04/26/fluxbox-on-gutsy-just-to-be-different/

Fluxbuntu - Light weight Ubuntu-based Linux
distribution featuring Fluxbox window manager

http://www.debianadmin.com/fluxbuntu-light-weight-ubuntu-based-linux-distribution-featuring-fluxbox-window-manager.html

Distrowar: Fluxbuntu vs. MiniMe

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/01/distrowar-fluxbuntu-vs-minime.html