[News] Google Invades Business at Microsoft's Expense

Google Apps Campaign: How Not to Influence IT Experts

,----[ Quote ]
| Google already claims to serve more than 1.75 million companies and judging
| by the flashy campaign, it hopes to increase that number in the near future.
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/google_apps_campaign_how_not_to_influence_it_exper.php

Google watches everything you do...

SIN BINS FOR WORST FAMILIES

,----[ Quote ]
| THOUSANDS of the worst families in England are to be put in âsin binsâ in a
| bid to change their bad behaviour, Ed Balls announced yesterday.
|
| The Childrenâs Secretary set out Â400million plans to put 20,000 problem
| families under 24-hour CCTV super-vision in their own homes.
`----

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/115736/Sin-bins-for-worst-families

The same philosophy may already be applied to the 'cloud'.

Recent:

Google guns for MS Office with billboard campaign

,----[ Quote ]
| Mountain View plans to slap Google Apps adverts on billboards in major US
| cities from today in its latest attempt to woo businesses away from
| Microsoftâs Office suite.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/03/google_apps_ads/

Google Chrome Apps â will they rival Microsoft Office?

,----[ Quote ]
| Are you one of the 1.75 million people using Google Apps to run your computer
| office needs? Itâs a bit doubtful when you think about it â 1.75 million
| doesnât even cover the Bay Area, let alone the rest of the U.S. It is a nice
| hefty number but it doesnât come close to Microsoftâs Office domination.
| Will the Google Apps take over anytime soon?
`----

http://www.examiner.com/x-1676-SF-Microsoft-Office-Examiner~y2009m7d21-Google-Chrome-Apps--will-they-rival-Microsoft-Office

NZ Post: why we chose Google over Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/nz-post-why-we-chose-google-over-microsoft-106080