[News] GNU/Linux Desktops Now on More Apple Hardware

Apple MacBook Pro speaks Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I have to say that this was about as painless as OS installations ever get.
| Now when I want to run Ubuntu (which is most of the time) I can either grab
| my Wind netbook or my MacBook Pro. Either way, the choice of OS is entirely
| mine. Whatever floats my boat at any particular time. I have Windows XP Home
| or Ubuntu on the Wind netbook and Mac OS Leopard or Ubuntu on the MacBook.
| I've never enjoyed so much OS freedom. Life certainly is sweet.
`----

http://www.examiner.com/x-9438-SF-Business-Tech-Examiner~y2009m8d4-Apple-Mac-Speaks-Ubuntu-Linux

Linux Just As Gooey As Windows And Mac

,----[ Quote ]
| While pure open source enthusiasts may boo the fact that World of Goo is not
| open source, I for one am very excited. I think that this is a great example
| of what Linux needs. The more software that we see becoming available for
| Linux, the more credibility Linux will have among the skeptical. Increased
| credibility will lead to more adoption, which is what Linux really needs
| right now.
`----

http://www.nillabyte.com/blog.php?b=165

Recent:

New Linux-powered PowerStation dispels rumors Power Architecture's death

,----[ Quote ]
| The YDL PowerStation targets a wide range of consumer and business needs. For
| instance, it can replace the now aging Apple PowerMac G5 product family.
| Terra Soft says all Linux code optimized for the former G4 and G5 systems
| will readily migrate to the PowerStation.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/141098

Apple now less reliable than cheap Chinese computers

,----[ Quote ]
| REASSURINGLY EXPENSIVE COMPUTERS MADE BY APPLE are now less reliable than
| cheap and cheerful machines made by Asus and Lenovo.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/535/1051535/apple-reliable-cheap-chinese-computers

Asus pulps Apple in hardware reliability survey

,----[ Quote ]
| Put together by US PC repair and support firm Rescuecom, the league table was
| topped by Asus with a whopping 972 reliability points. Apple, now in second
| place, scored just 324 points.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/03/26/rescuecom_report/

Linux on the Mac

,----[ Quote ]
| Before you install Ubuntu, make sure your hardware is ready. I think that 2GB
| of RAM is a minimum; you're also going to want at least 8GB of free space on
| your hard drive. Â
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,137097-c,linux/article.html

Related:

Torvalds takes bite of Mac mini

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux creator has been running an Apple G5 since at least March
| 2005, switching from a normal x86-based desktop sometime before that.
| At that stage he attributed the switch to the importance of IBM's
| Power architecture as well as a desire to try a new system.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/hardware/soa/Torvalds_takes_bite_of_Mac_mini/0,130061702,339271592,00.htm
http://tinyurl.com/j6ufp

PClinuxOS .93a BigDaddy Parallels Image