[News] Canonical Embraces Private Fog Computing to Add Value to Ubuntu

Canonical Expands Ubuntu Linux Landscape

,----[ Quote ]
| The Canonical Landscape Ubuntu systems management server is now moving in
| from the cloud with a new dedicated, on-site offering. Previously, the
| Landscape service was only available as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS),
| cloud-based model. The new Landscape Dedicated Server expands the commercial
| support offerings available for Ubuntu Linux as Canonical ramps up its
| efforts to gain market share against rivals.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3833111/Canonical+Expands+Ubuntu+Linux+Landscape.htm

Canonical Systems Management and Monitoring Tool Adds Dedicated Server

http://blog.canonical.com/?p=221

Canonical to Offer Ubuntu Desktop Support and Services

Open Source or Cloud?

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, many cloud providers run their environments on open source
| software, so many cloud customers will end up indirectly using open source as
| well. But when seeking faster, cheaper solutions, organizations will need to
| examine the pros and cons of going with an on-premise open source solution,
| versus a pay-as-you-go cloud solution. ÂThis may be the next big software
| question of the new decade around the corner.
`----

http://www.insurancenetworking.com/news/insurance_technology_open_source_cloud_computing_SaaS-12731-1.html

Stallman vs. Clouds

,----[ Quote ]