Re: [News] [Rival] Massive Vista 7 Bug (RTM) Could Delay Production?

____/ Megabyte on Thursday 06 August 2009 17:55 : \____

> Goblin wrote:
>> 7 wrote:

>>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAAA!!!!
>>> You coudn't make this stuff up!
>>>
>>> RTM? Surely it is RFD - Released For Distribution as it contains a lot
>>> of GPL'd software that has been code washed?
>>>
>>> The stuff that is non-GPL is included and are all the things that fail
>>> like
>>> chkdsk.

>>> windows-7-rtm-contains-a-rather-nasty-chkdsk-bug
>>>
>> Having read about the bug, does it matter if Microsoft are able to fix
>> it without intteruption to the release?
>>
>> I think the real damage is that IMO you have many users made suspicious
>> by Vista and with news like this (even if it turns out to be minor/non
>> existant) is the last thing Microsoft need to convince the world "it is
>> better this time"
>>
>> I think if Windows 7 releases with similar news to Vista then it will be
>> the final nail in the coffin for the platform.
>>
>> Maybe Microsoft should buy a few top spec PC's fully test them with
>> Vista 7 and then conduct another Mojave.....yep that will work....it did
>> with Vista..?!?!? that really convinced the public they had it all wrong.
>>
>> I am not sure how this bug was detected....chkdsk gorging on large
>> amounts of ram?  Sounds like Windows is working as it should....;) I am
>> surprised anyone noticed.
>>
>> One thing we can be thankful for, if this type of bug is going to be par
>> for the course for Windows 7 users, expect the price of ram to come down
>> to meet the demand....thats got to be good news for every user.
>>

> Of course a Linux Distro never gets released with a bug, does it?  Yep,
> if Linux is released with another bug it will be doomed just like
> Windows.  Funny thing is this Windows 7 bug was discovered over three
> months before the public retail release, think it might be fixed with
> the first update long before it hits retail shelves?
>
> This grasping at straws seems pretty desperate.

Most distributions are released every 6 months. A proper comparison would
involve RHEL.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the
process of putting them in. -- Dykstra
http://Schestowitz.com  | Mandriva Linux |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
         run-level 5  Jul 17 21:52                   last=S