Re: (Linux based) Twitter.com suffers global outage

Above the whining & shreiking of the trolls, Andrew Halliwell was heard
to say:

> Ezekiel <nowhere-there@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> You do know it's a DDoS... right? No? Oh, well.
>>
>> A DDOS is something that Microsoft.com probably gets several times a week.
>> Yet they don't have to shut down their global operations to deal with it the
>> way that Linux sites do.
>
> Remind me again, how much money does twitter make in a week, a month, a
> year?
>
> How much does microsoft make?
>
> You're comparing apples to stonehenge comparing twitter to microsoft.
>
> If you're trying to claim that twitter fell over because of linux while
> microsoft stays up because of windows then you're thicker than 2 short
> hadrons.
>
> You know damned well microsoft can afford their own data centres and
> failovers and crap. Someone DDoSes them (and it has happened and knocked
> them off the web before now), they can simple move to a different IP.

They hide on Akamai *Linux* servers.

> Now, can twitter afford a multimillion quid data centre?
>
> Your dihonesty knows no bounds.

Oh dear, DEAR!
Considering that Microsoft uses Akamai's Linux-based servers to
protect its Microsoft.com Web site and reduce the site's vulnerability to
viruses, worms and denial of service attacks, (& have done so since 2003)
ol' Zeke doesn't do much research, does he, & hasn't got a very good memory
either!
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39115920,00.htm

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/tsearch/akamai+hides.htm

Similar DDOS attacks on M$, google, & Yahoo occured in 2000 & 2007 & all
orchestrated from a massive bot net, which are collections of
WINDOWS computers that have been compromised by software specifically
designed to create a network of systems for attack, aka "zombies".

--
A bad random number generator: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4.33e+67, 1, 1, 1