[News] A Look at Booting Puppy 4.1.2 on USB and Pardusman Progress

Booting Puppy 4.1.2 from a USB stick â it could stand in well for Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
| I went whole hog and used a 128 MB stick. Yep, that's it. I have a huge 20 MB
| left for storage. Now that I know this works (at least on my Dell, the only
| box to which I have access that also allows booting via USB) I'll get a
| bigger stick and actually have some room to, as they say, maneuver.
|
| Doing the install was easy. I booted Puppy 4.1.2 from a CD I had previously
| burned (I know Puppy is up to 4.2 ... I'll have to try it). Then I used the
| menu to install to USB. The only thing I did that wasn't a default was
| selecting mbr.bin as the boot method. It works.
`----

http://blogs.dailynews.com/click/2009/08/booting-puppy-412-from-a-usb-s.html

Progress with Pardusman on Web

,----[ Quote ]
| Web-Pardusman has a schedulder queue where each distro build request will be
| queued according to the server build capacity and at a time specific number
| of builds will be processed. After the build, next request will be accpeted
| from the queue.
`----

http://www.sarathlakshman.info/2009/08/06/progress-with-pardusman-on-web/

Looks great.

Recent:

Pardus Linux 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Pardus is surprisingly good and is certainly well worth a download for
| anybody in the market for an off-the-beaten path desktop distribution.
| Beginners can certainly give Pardus a whirl and intermediate and advanced
| Linux users might also enjoy it.
|
| If you arenât sure about trying Pardus 2009 then hold off until the Live CD
| version is ready so you donât have to install it to check it out.
`----

http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2009/07/23/pardus-linux-2009/

Pardus Linux 2009 International on my Thinkpad T60

,----[ Quote ]
| This distro has some great potential.  Ubuntu and itâs derivatives may be
| influential in the English and French speaking world, I can see Pardus being
| influential in the Turkish and Asian speaking world.
`----

http://www.saigonnezumi.com/2009/07/23/pardus-l2009-international-on-my-thinkpad-t60/

Interesting things I saw at GCDS: Pardus Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| This year at GCDS I had the pleasure of meeting GÃkmen and GÃkÃen
| (pronounced âGerkmanâ and âGerkchanâ with hard Gees not Jays). They are part
| of a relatively small team of around 15 developers who are sponsored by the
| Turkish government work on a Turkish Linux distribution called Pardus. It is
| a KDE focused distribution which has been around since the end of 2005. What
| makes this distribution so interesting is the system tools and configuration
| tools which they've developed based heavily on Python, PyQt and PyKDE.
|
| Here is a run down on the custom tools that I'm aware of and my impression
| thereof. I'm getting most of this information from the document âPython in
| Pardusâ [1], my discussions with G & G, and what I've seen from playing a bit
| with the current RC2 inside Virtual Box.
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4022

Distro Hoppin`: Pardus Linux 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| The fact that Pardus made me actually enjoy using KDE 4 is by itself an
| indication of the overall quality of this operating system. It's easy to
| install, easy to configure, 100% up-to-date and more importantly, very
| stable. I've used many distributions that shipped with ages-old software "for
| improved stability" that performed much worse than Pardus. Hopefully, the
| future will bring a bigger software repository and maybe support for other
| desktop environments.
|
| Turkey, you've got yourself one of the finest OSes out there!
`----

http://www.itlure.com/2009/07/distro-hoppin-pardus-linux-2009.html

Pardus 2009 review

http://linuxbsdos.com/2009/08/03/pardus-2009-review/