[News] US Free Software Coalition Grows, More Adoption Seen

Colosa Joins Open Source for America: Publicly Advocates Open Source Within
U.S. Federal Government

,----[ Quote ]
| Colosa, developer of open source business process management (BPM) software,
| ProcessMaker (www.processmaker.com), has joined Open Source for America, a
| broad cross-section of more than 70 companies, academic institutions,
| communities, related groups and individuals that serve as a unified voice for
| the promotion of open source in the U.S. Federal government sector.
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/colosa-joins-open-source-for,919091.shtml

Three Quick Open Source in Defense Links (and then one other)

,----[ Quote ]
| Next week I'll be participating in the inaugural Military Open Source
| Software Working Group Conference in Atlanta Georgia. Open source conferences
| that focus on the defense market are often salesy, have a dearth of actual
| developers, and tend toward sartorial blandness - a sea of dark blue suits
| worn by open source vendor sales people so they can convince hesitant buyers
| that their wares are just like the other guys. Look, we even license it by
| the seat!
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/2009/08/three-quick-open-source-in-def.html

Come Fly With Me: Progress FUSE to Power FAA's Air Transportation System

,----[ Quote ]
| Another key factor in the FAAâs decision to select Progress Software, other
| than the technical and economic reasons, was Progress' ability to deliver
| open source solutions backed by a comprehensive support services division.
| Open Source and SOA are both relatively new concepts to large parts of the
| FAAâs IT organization, and the FAA will rely on Progress Professional
| Services to assist with this formidable education challenge. The Progress
| Education Department is currently delivering a variety of training measures
| at various FAA locations, tailored to the specific needs of the participating
| SIPs.
`----

http://www.ebizq.net/news/11574.html

Recent:

Bureaucrats, Technocrats and Policy Cats: How the Government is turning to Open
Source, and Why.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2009/public/schedule/detail/8384