Re: Linux users can watch ITV content online too ... without Moonlight

____/ Attila on Monday 10 August 2009 17:55 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> ____/ Attila on Monday 10 August 2009 14:41 : \____

>>> It never worked even with the Moonlight 1.0.1 plugin installed. If I go
>>> to this page:
>>> http://www.itv.com/ITVPlayer/Video/default.html?ViewType=5&Filter=46431
>>> I get a little box saying "Install Microsoft(c) Silverlight" I click on
>>> the box and it takes me here:
>>> http://go-mono.com/moonlight/
>>> This page says, "Congratulations, you're running the current release of
>>> moonlight!" I already knew that you morons!
>>>
>>> fsck moonlight! fsck silverlight! fsck itv! I probably couldn't have
>>> watched anything anyway since I'm not located in the UK. There wasn't
>>> anything I wanted to watch but IT'S THE FSCKing principle of the thing.
>>> This makes me very grumpy. :( :( :(
>>
>> Just do what I do and dump television altogether. :-) The good interactive
>> stuff is on the Net anyway.
>>
>> - --
>>                 ~~ Best of wishes
>>

>> If addiction is judged by how long a dumb animal will sit pressing a lever
>> to get a "fix" of something, to its own detriment, then I would conclude
>> that netnews is far more addictive than cocaine. -- Rob Stampfli
> Quite true, Roy. Alice Telecom Italia's Alice ADSL service lets me watch Al
> Jazeera's English 24hour news service, so that makes me a little less
> grumpy. :) and I don't have to install any stupid Silver/Moon/Caca/light
> garbage. :) :)
> Attila

YouTube has HD, increasingly. I find there what I like, based on keywords
and "related". I've watched over 5,000 clips there.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz     \ Switch to GNU/Linux. Visit http://www.getgnulinux.org/
Mem:   2075800k total,  1660792k used,   415008k free,    12460k buffers