Re: [News] Patent Parasite SpinVox Might Also be Corrupt

After takin' a swig o' grog, Attila belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> SpinVox examines dossier claims
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Voice-to-text company SpinVox is under pressure after a dossier,
>> | alleging financial irregularities, was circulated to shareholders.
>> `----
>>
> This story is actually quite funny. It was more than "financial
> irregularities. It is alleged that they faked ASR (automatic speech
> recognition) results by having the voice transmissions relayed to call
> centres outside of Europe and being transcribed there by humans and then
> sent back as the results of their software.

All they need now is a "computer" big enough to hold a midget.

> As for the patents, assuming they are using stochastic methods (HMM's and
> the like) these areas have been patented to death. Having worked in the
> field (ASR) and still doint it to some extent, I doubt very much they'll
> have a usable system with that kind of approach.

'Sup blood, whaya talkin'?  Ain' no way we ain't gonna just damn nail dat
speech re-cog-nition wif are soffware, money!  Sheee!

Ever listen to some Trinidadians on the soccer field?  Talk right to you, no
problem.  Eavesdrop, and you can't tell at all what they're saying, though
you know it is English.

--
Your domestic life may be harmonious.