[News] Slack Mini Server 1.4.5 is Officially Released

NO SLACKER

,----[ Quote ]
| With its novel package manager, Slax makes it simple to install new software
| and easy to build your own distributions.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Issues/2009/106/NO-SLACKER

Slack Mini Server 1.4.5 Released, Turns 2 Years Old

,----[ Quote ]
| The Slack Mini Server (SMS) Project team announced yesterday, August 10th,
| the release of Slack Mini Server 1.4.5, which celebrates 2 full years of
| activity. The new release is based on Slackware Linux 13.0 RC2 and it brings
| Asterisk PBX, Samba 3.4.0, PHP 5.3.0 and many updated packages (see below for
| details).
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Slack-Mini-Server-1-4-5-Released-Turns-2-Years-118862.shtml

Recent:

Slackware 13.0 RC2 Brings Updated X Server and Video Drivers

,----[ Quote ]
| A few hours ago Slackware's creator, Patrick Volkerding, announced that the
| second release candidate of the upcoming Slackware 13.0 Linux distribution
| was available for download. This update brings numerous new base packages,
| like the Linux kernel version 2.6.29.6, X.Org Server 1.6.3 and the K Desktop
| Environment 4.2.4. However, there are no official ISO builds for this
| release, but those interested in testing Slackware 13.0 RC2 can get it by
| using the link at the end of the article.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Slackware-13-0-RC2-Brings-Updated-X-Server-and-Video-Drivers-118559.shtml

Slackware Linux going 64 bit

,----[ Quote ]
| This might be old news to some of you but for the longest time Slackware
| Linux was x86 only with really no indication that the distro author, Patrick
| Volkerding, would create a port.
`----

http://www.ninjalane.com/newspost4459.aspx

Five Reasons I Prefer Slackware Over Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Really, when I thought about doing this I wondered if I could come up with
| five reasons but now Iâm sure I could go on much longer. Slackware is the
| oldest existing Linux distribution and it didnât get to being around this
| long by being sub par. Thereâs a general consensus that the post install
| configuration of Slackware may be a bit too challenging for beginners, but I
| think anyone who can read a copy of the Slackbook and use a Slackware forum
| if need be would be able to do it. Believe me, itâs worth the initial effort
| and like Trent of the Linux Critic says-once you go slack, you never go back.
`----

http://fullmetalgerbil.com/2009/06/26/five-reasons-i-prefer-slackware-over-ubuntu/

The beginner's guide to Slackware Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| With Pat's central role in Slackware firmly established, we come on to
| patches. Most distros take the original, upstream source code of a program
| and weld on patches â one, two, 10, often more â to fit it in with the rest
| of the software and distro. That's fine for many users, but if you want to be
| sure you're getting what the developer originally intended, you're better off
| with Slackware.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/the-beginner-s-guide-to-slackware-linux-609245

Slackware Changes Package Compression Format

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.thelinuxlink.net/myblog/?p=210