[News] Intellectual Monopolies Idiocy: Oprah Sued for $1 Trillion (Copyright Infringement)

  • Subject: [News] Intellectual Monopolies Idiocy: Oprah Sued for $1 Trillion (Copyright Infringement)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:32:34 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Oprah can relax, $1 trillion lawsuit is dismissed

,----[ Quote ]
| Then the National Enquirer reported that a poet named Damon Lloyd Goffe had
| filed an audacious complaint claiming copyright infringement. Only problem
| was that Goffe never registered the copyright on his poems, and more than a
| week before many news outlets were reporting the $1 trillion lawsuit, a judge
| had already dismissed the complaint for lack of subject matter jurisdiction.
`----

http://www.thresq.com/2009/08/oprah-trillion-dollar-lawsuit-poet.html

Godzilla Takes On Comcast Over Trademark

,----[ Quote ]
| Comcast, for its part, denies that the character is Godzilla, though Toho
| doesn't buy it. Of course, you might ask where's the actual "harm" here, as
| it would seem to only help advertise Godzilla and Godzilla movies -- though,
| Toho would likely argue that the harm is in Comcast not licensing the
| character (or the potential idea that this makes Godzilla "generic").
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090808/1045435810.shtml

Once Again, Established Businesses Get Angry At 'Free' Competition

,----[ Quote ]
| It's no secret that established businesses or organizations get upset when
| they see any form of "free" competition -- even when it's utilizing a new or
| different business model or social model.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090807/0241005799.shtml

Yes, sharing now makes you a terrorist, too (see below).

Recent:

Media Analyst Calls Hulu 'Anti-American' For Providing Free Content

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090615/1148005239.shtml