Re: [News] Mandriva Linux Derivative Pardus Linux 2009 Gets Wonderful Reviews

>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> :Subject line: Mandriva Linux Derivative Pardus Linux...
>>>[...]
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>>[...]In the case of PiSi, the Pardus package manager
>>>[...]and, apart from the YALI installer, the flexibility an
>>
>> I haven't seen anything (except Roy's assertion)
>> which indicates this was derived from Mandriva.
>> It doesn't use its package manager nor installer.
>>
>> My understanding is that the Pardus team
>> looked at what existed, rejected that, and started fresh.
>> What is included that looks like Mandriva?
>
> I thought I had read somewhere that it was built on a Mandriva base,
but
> after some reading <
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardus_%28operating_system%29 > it was
> probably more complicated and maybe not true at all.
>
> Thanks for the correction.

According to what I understand, Pardus was based loosely on Gentoo in
the early days, but is developed completely independently of any
distribution now, funded by the Turkish government.

And I'll be perfectly honest I am very glad, as it does not inherit
the traits of others, and it shows.
It is the best implementation of KDE 4 I have used, and that's coming
from one who didn't get along with KDE 4 at all!

All the best,

Tony(UK)