[News] Openness in Data Embraced by Department of Defense, Helps Expose Corruption

  • Subject: [News] Openness in Data Embraced by Department of Defense, Helps Expose Corruption
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:42:58 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Info-sharing tops DOD's tech wish list

,----[ Quote ]
| Forge.mil, a family of services for developing open-source solution for the
| DOD, is example of the enterprisewide, on-demand services DISA wants to
| continue to develop, Mihelcic said.
`----

http://www.washingtontechnology.com/Articles/2009/08/10/DISA-industry-forecast.aspx

Kaupthingâs loan book exposed and an injunction ordered against RÃV

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday the website WikiLeaks* published TOP SECRET information about loans
| made by Kaupthing bank just before the Big Meltdown last October. The info is
| a 209-page inside document containing slides used at a meeting of the bankâs
| loans committee on September 25 last year.
`----

http://icelandweatherreport.com/2009/08/kaupthings-loan-book-exposed-and-an-injunction-ordered-against-ruv.html

Watch how Wikileaks (transparency) it truly fighting corruption.

Open Plaques: open data about UK heritage sites

,----[ Quote ]
| There are currently over 1700 plaques, which can be browsed by area, by
| person, by role or by organisation. Though the project is currently in alpha
| the idea is that anyone will be able to add or edit plaques, and display
| photos uploaded to Flickr. We hope there will be participation from local
| history groups, schools and so on!
`----

http://blog.okfn.org/2009/08/11/open-plaques/

Recent: