[News] Free Software and GNU/Linux at the Forefront of Entertainment with Miro, <Video>

  • Subject: [News] Free Software and GNU/Linux at the Forefront of Entertainment with Miro, <Video>
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:48:51 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Watch Internet TV for Free on Linux with Miro

,----[ Quote ]
| If I would pick the best free and open-source internet television desktop
| client, it has to be Miro. This awesome application (previously called
| Democracy Player and DTV) is loaded with great features making the TV
| experience on your computer a lot more fun and exciting.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/08/watch-internet-tv-for-free-on-linux.html

And now we have Ogg too...

A First Look at HTML 5

,----[ Quote ]
| Officially, HTML 4.1 was supposed to be the last word on HTML. According to
| the W3C, HTML 4.1 was complete and concise, and required no further work. But
| that was not good enough for the HTML user community, who formed the Web
| Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WHATWG). This group grew
| strong enough to force the W3C to form an official HTML 5 working group a few
| years ago, and what they have eventually created is the very small seed that
| will one day become HTML 5 (I say 'one day' because the official
| specification expects HTML 5 to be completely functional and ready by the
| year 2022 - and no, that wasnt a typo, I did mean 2022).
`----

http://phpbuilder.com/columns/marc_plotz008112009.php3

Recent:

Fwd: [theora] Safari 4 Plays Theora/Vorbis

http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.evangelism/browse_thread/thread/b4b6017edc1c27f1#