[News] Why People Choose GNU/Linux on the Desktop

What Makes You Keep On Using Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Others stay because they feel welcome to the Linux community. As some people
| say, who your friends are make a big difference in staying within any
| community or organization. Some people who arenât really into Linux except
| for work might not feel that the community is an important aspect. But for
| others, it is. Aside from the fact the community is a rich source of
| information for sharing and studying, the community is also the place where
| one can share his/her ideas about the Linux distro he/she uses. It matters
| especially youâre someone who loves participating in your hobbies then this
| is something that will encourage you to stay within the community of Linux
| users.
`----

http://www.everyjoe.com/newlinuxuser/what-makes-you-keep-on-using-linux/

If they do, itâs because they can

,----[ Quote ]
| Perhaps it is an unintended side effect of the Windows-esque desktop I use
| these days, but I noticed something the other day â a behavior that seems to
| have changed since the days when I was actually using Windows.
|
| I was having difficulty connecting two machines â my trusty Thinkpad and a
| relativeâs Windows machine on the other side of the planet â and when it
| became clear that the two things were not going to behave as planned, I did
| something that I now take for granted: I dove in and tried adjusting things
| on my side of the fence.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/if-they-do-its-because-they-can/

Recent: