[News] A Look at Variants of Ubuntu: Satanic Edition, Linux Mint

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Variants of Ubuntu: Satanic Edition, Linux Mint
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 13:42:26 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu Satanic Edition 10.04 (Luciferâs Legion)

,----[ Quote ]
| risen again and walks among us. Itâs
| chock-full of amazing satanic grace and
| charm. Highly recommended for Linux users
| who are tired of being goody two-shoes and
| who want to take a walk on the dark side
| of Ubuntu Linux.
|
| Rating: 	4/5
`----

http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2010/07/02/ubuntu-satanic-edition-10-04-lucifers-legion/

Linux Mint 9 KDE Release Candidate Available

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE version of Linux Mint 9 (codename:
| Isadora), will instantly look and feel
| familiar to KDE users and comes packaged with
| new software such as Miro, which streams
| video from webistes in its own player,
| BleachBit, for hard drive cleaning, and
| Acetoniso, for converting video and images.
| Linux Mint 9 KDE features a new software
| manager that can handle more than 30,000
| packages and remove and install applications
| asynchronously, making it possible to install
| separate applications at the same time and
| install applications in the background.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Linux-Mint-9-KDE-Release-Candidate-Available

Linux Mint 9 Isadora - You betrayed me, dear!

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint is a very popular, Ubuntu-based
| Linux distribution. It's Ubuntu with extra
| polish and more features for new and less
| experienced people, making it friendly and
| usable out of the box. For me, the general
| sentiment has always run true. Mint has shown
| good behavior and never fell short of the
| expectations. Funny though, for an unknown,
| cosmic reason, I have always tested the even-
| numbered Mint releases, Daryna, Felicia,
| Helena. Today, I'll break the rule and have a
| go at Mint 9, codename Isadora.
|
| [...]
|
| Two laptops: T60p, with ATI card, 32-bit dual
| core, 2GB RAM, RD510, with Nvidia 9600GS, 64-
| bit dual core, 4GB RAM. On the menu: live CD
| session, Wireless, Bluetooth, Samba sharing,
| web camera, multimedia, installation,
| applications, package manager, Compiz,
| performance, memory usage, suspend &
| hibernate, problems, and more.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/linux-mint-isadora.html

Recent:

Ubuntu Satanic Edition 666.6 (Jesus' Jugular) Review

,----[ Quote ]
| We've looked at a couple of religious based distributions such as Ubuntu:
| Christian Edition and Ubuntu: Muslim Edition. But there's another version of
| Ubuntu...a dark and evil one. A version so hideous and so terrible that it's
| name is only spoken in whispers among Linux users...

Ubuntu Fiery Spawn Released

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://parker1.co.uk/satanic/ubuntu-fiery-spawn-released/