[News] Graphics/Pictures in Ubuntu GNU/Linux, Wallpapers, Design Appeal

  • Subject: [News] Graphics/Pictures in Ubuntu GNU/Linux, Wallpapers, Design Appeal
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 13:47:43 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Pictures of Ubuntu: Linux's best photo shots at Windows and Mac

,----[ Quote ]
| As for organizing your photos in Linux,
| the options are not quite so stellar. In
| the Windows and Mac world, freebie photo
| apps - like Google's Picasa or Apple's
| iPhoto - are robust tools that support
| basic editing and sophisticated organizing
| options like geotagging and facial
| recognition, as well as tools to
| automatically upload your images to the
| web.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/30/linux_versus_mac_windows_2/

Daily 5: Five Wallpaper picks vying to make it into Ubuntu 10.10

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/06/daily-5-five-wallpaper-picks-vying-to.html

Help wanted: Testing programs that use the notification area

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntuâs own Kees Cook recently ran a
| couple of massive searches through the
| source code of the Ubuntu archive, finding
| the telltale code where a program adds a
| notification area item. (Thatâs one of the
| benefits of most of Ubuntuâs software
| being open source.)
|
| The next step is where weâd like your
| help. We now have a list of dozens of
| programs that use the notification area.
| What we need now is a description of how
| each of them use it. What does the
| notification area item do when you click
| it, if anything? If the item has a menu,
| what does the menu contain? Are there any
| Preferences items, menu bar items, or
| other places referring to the
| âNotification areaâ or the âtrayâ? If so,
| where are they? Once we know these things,
| we can make proposals on how to fix them.
`----

http://design.canonical.com/2010/06/help-wanted-notification-area/

Recent:

Ubuntu 10.10âs New Sound Menu Starts to Stir into life

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/06/ubuntu-1010s-new-sound-menu-starts-to.html