[News] SaaS With Truly Free Software: Diaspora and StatusNet Show Progress

  • Subject: [News] SaaS With Truly Free Software: Diaspora and StatusNet Show Progress
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 16:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

[Diaspora] One Month In

http://www.joindiaspora.com/2010/07/01/one-month-in.html

Open-Source Microblogging Platform StatusNet Launches Desktop Client

,----[ Quote ]
| StatusNet released today a cross-platform
| desktop client for its open-source
| microblogging platform - the same
| foundation that powers the Twitter
| alternative identi.ca. Windows, Mac, and
| Linux users can download it here. It
| features support for multiple StatusNet
| sites (including identi.ca),
| notifications, search and more.
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/enterprise/2010/06/open-source-microblogging-plat.php

# 5 Ways Identi.ca is Better Than Twitter

,----[ Quote ]
| Twitter popularized micro-blogging,
| indeed, but it isn't fair to say they
| started it. There are many micro-blogging
| services, like Twitter, Tumblr, Plurk,
| Jaiku, and -- my favorite -- Identi.ca.
| What I like about Identi.ca is its focus
| on software related topics (well, that
| isn't its intended focus, but its users'
| apparent focus.) That said, Identi.ca is
| also basically Twitter's liberated
| equivalent.
`----

http://www.tildehash.com/?article=5-ways-identi.ca-is-better-than-twitter

Recent:

Evan Prodromou Speaks on the Future of StatusNet

,----[ Quote ]
| There's no moss growing on StatusNet these
| days. The company has been busy announcing
| cloud service plans, an enterprise network
| service, and the 0.9 release of the open
| source StatusNet microblogging platform.
|
| To get a sense where all this is going, I took
| the chance to ask a few questions of
| StatusNet's CEO, Evan Prodromou. He gives the
| scoop on the new stuff coming to StatusNet and
| provides a few thoughtful answers on where he
| thinks social media is heading.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/evan-prodromou-speaks-on-the-future-of-statusnetReal-time updates get turned on for millions of Blogs around the world

Will StatusNet Be Another Open-Source Star in the Enterprise?

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week, the company launched StatusNet
| Enterprise Network, a microblogging service
| with a support program for the corporate
| market. Initial customers include Motorola
| Corporation and Canonical Ltd.
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/enterprise/2010/03/will-statusnet-be-another-open.php

Microblogging platform StatusNet 0.9.0 released

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Microblogging-platform-StatusNet-0-9-0-released-946935.html