[News] A Look at KDE SC on Sub-notebooks & Kubuntu Netbook

  • Subject: [News] A Look at KDE SC on Sub-notebooks & Kubuntu Netbook
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 17:49:31 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Akademy 2010 Slides on the Plasma Netbook project (pdf)

http://www.notmart.org/files/akademy%202010%20presentation.pdf

More on netbooks, devices and everything

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE SC and Plasma:why?
|
| We still hear again and again that KDE is to
| heavy and too bloated to run on any modest
| hardware. Of course technically the
| situation can be improved and it will, for
| instance the platform profiles that are
| being cooked right now will be able to
| provide a law fat (as in Kevin words :) you
| will find information about that in the
| upcoming future on the planet.
|
| In the other hand, complaints are often not
| completely true, we need better
| communication about what the advantages of a
| KDE based solution are, and where the
| problems are: we pushes the edges of what
| all the layers of our platform can do, Being
| Qt, X, or graphics drivers, due to our hard
| beating the quality of the whole stack is
| really increasing (and this funningly enough
| is benefiting non KDE users as well).
`----

http://www.notmart.org/index.php/BlaBla/More_on_netbooks,_devices_and_ev

Review of Kubuntu Netbook â Maverick Alpha 2

,----[ Quote ]
| I downloaded the .iso of Kubuntu Netbook
| Alpha 2 and installed it in Sunâs, I mean
| Oracleâs VirtualBox.  The virtual machine is
| running with 2 GB of RAM with 2 processors.
| Included are some screenshots taken from the
| VM and some comments along with it.
|
| [...]
|
| Looking forward to Maverick and more changes
| coming down.
`----

https://jjesse.wordpress.com/2010/07/02/review-of-kubuntu-netbook-maverick-alpha-2/

Kubuntu developer wins KDE Akademy 2010 Award

,----[ Quote ]
| Top Kubuntu developer AurÃlien GÃteau
| (agateau) has been honoured with an Akademy
| Award for 2010. The Akademy Awards are given
| out each year at the annual KDE Akademy
| conference; the jury being formed of
| previous prize-winners.
|
| AurÃlien won the award for his work on
| Gwenview, the image viewing application
| which ships with Kubuntu. He was also
| commended at Akademy for his work in getting
| the KDE Status Notifier specifications
| adopted by the Ubuntu project, where they
| are known under the name Application
| Indicators along with necessary DBusMenu
| additions.
`----

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/2076

Recent: