[News] Linux Mint Looks at Debian at Ubuntu's Expanse

  • Subject: [News] Linux Mint Looks at Debian at Ubuntu's Expanse
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:25:31 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

A system based on Debian

,----[ Quote ]
| The idea of a Linux Mint desktop based on
| top of Debian Testing is quite seducing.
| Itâs much faster than Ubuntu and the current
| Linux Mint desktops, it uses less resources,
| and it opens the door for a rolling
| distribution, with a continuous flow of
| updates and no jumps from one release to
| another. Itâs something weâve always been
| tempted to do. Needless to say, whether itâs
| been because of our lack of communication on
| that topic or not, this has been a source of
| numerous rumors within the community.
`----

http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1467

Recent:

Linux Mint 9 KDE Release Candidate Available

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE version of Linux Mint 9 (codename:
| Isadora), will instantly look and feel
| familiar to KDE users and comes packaged with
| new software such as Miro, which streams
| video from webistes in its own player,
| BleachBit, for hard drive cleaning, and
| Acetoniso, for converting video and images.
| Linux Mint 9 KDE features a new software
| manager that can handle more than 30,000
| packages and remove and install applications
| asynchronously, making it possible to install
| separate applications at the same time and
| install applications in the background.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Linux-Mint-9-KDE-Release-Candidate-Available

Linux Mint 9 Isadora - You betrayed me, dear!

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/linux-mint-isadora.html