[News] Profile of Sourceforge's Lee Schlesinger, Top Free/Open Source eCommerce Platforms

  • Subject: [News] Profile of Sourceforge's Lee Schlesinger, Top Free/Open Source eCommerce Platforms
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 19:30:10 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Meet the staff: Community editor Lee Schlesinger

,----[ Quote ]
| Todayâs a legal holiday in the US, but we
| like to post an entry in the blog every
| weekday to keep you from getting bored. I
| canât promise to relieve the boredom today,
| because todayâs entry is about me.
`----

http://sourceforge.net/blog/meet-the-staff-community-editor-lee-schlesinger

5 popular open source eCommerce platforms

,----[ Quote ]
| There are so many off-the-shelf web solutions
| out there, many website owners are asking: Why
| should I bother building it myself? When
| thinking about their eCommerce platform, a site
| owner faces three key choices: the Software as
| a Service hosted solution, download and install
| an open source or purchased solution, or just
| build it yourself.
`----

http://memeburn.com/2010/07/5-popular-open-source-ecommerce-platforms/comment-page-1/
/

Recent:

The Many Flavors of Open Source eCommerce

,----[ Quote ]
| Everywhere I go, I am constantly asked,
| "which open source cart is the BEST?" But
| that's not fair; it's like asking which
| child is my favorite.
`----

http://www.practicalecommerce.com/blogs/post/673-The-Many-Flavors-of-Open-Source-eCommerce

Related:

Five Great Open Source Shopping Cart Systems for eCommerce

,----[ Quote ]
| If you're building an online commerce Web site,
| then a high-quality and secure shopping cart system
| is a must. With so many open source packages to
| choose from, it's hard to know where to start. Here
| are a few options to get you started.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/five-great-open-source-shopping-cart-systems-for-ecommerce

6 of the Best Free Linux eCommerce Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Online shopping is the activity that consumers engage in when purchasing
| products or services over the internet. ïThis activity has many distinct
| advantages over 'traditional shopping' for both consumers and the businesses.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/2009022806335015/eCommerce.html

Open Source E-Commerce: Survey Rates the Best in OSC

,----[ Quote ]
| What a difference a year makes. Rarely does an industry landscape change so
| radically in just 12 short months. This year the upstart New osCommerce
| Project was crowned Best Open Source Commerce program by respondents in my
| Second Annual Open Source Commerce survey. It was followed by CRE Loaded, the
| original osCommerce, Magento, PrestaShop and a long list of "Other open
| source commerce programs."
`----

http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/solutions/technology/article.php/3807301

Oscommerce Shopping Cart Customization and Integration Services

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.powerhomebiz.com/News/112008/oscommerce.htm