[News] GNU/Linux Desktops Increasingly Used in China, Support Lines Needed

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Desktops Increasingly Used in China, Support Lines Needed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:51:32 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

A closer look at Open Source World Summit

,----[ Quote ]
| As a sidenote on Linux lack of success in
| China on the desktop, I have to mention a
| discussion end of last year with CS2C that
| has been doing OEM (original equipment
| manufacturer) deals for quite some time,
| which was just a way to avoid the Microsoft
| tax for some PC makers. For the first time in
| the company's history, people are actually
| keeping the preinstalled Linux system and
| using it, "forcing" CS2C to start a customer
| support line.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/blogs/open-soure-china-open-source-world-summit_bp-63019637.htm

"It's easier for our software to compete with Linux when there's piracy
than when there's not."

                   --Bill Gates

Recent:

Microsoft willing to avoid China due to piracy

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-willing-to-avoid-china-due-to-piracy-30162/