[News] Intel/Nokia Linux-based MeeGo Boots Fast

  • Subject: [News] Intel/Nokia Linux-based MeeGo Boots Fast
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:09:10 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

MeeGo: Zero to VT320 in Seventeen Seconds

,----[ Quote ]
| The video above shows the MeeGo VT320
| video terminal start up. It takes 17
| seconds from pressing the power button to
| a login prompt on the video terminal. That
| includes 11 seconds for the BIOS, 1 second
| for bootloader and a further 5 seconds for
| MeeGo to get its act together.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story/23523/MeeGo_Zero_to_VT320_in_Seventeen_Seconds

MeeGo Handset Project Launched

,----[ Quote ]
| The MeeGo open source project merging
| Intel's Moblin project and Nokia's Maemo
| into a single Linux distribution has just
| initiated what it is calling "Day 1" of
| its MeeGo Handset User Experience Project.
`----

http://www.embedded.com/products/softwaretools/225702331

Nokia Opens Pre-Alpha MeeGo API

http://www.wirelessweek.com/News/2010/07/Devices-Nokia-Pre-Alpha-MeeGo-API-Software/