[News] Review of the Linux-based Android 2.2

Ars reviews Android 2.2 on the Nexus One

,----[ Quote ]
| Froyo was unveiled at at the Google I/O
| developer conference in May during a keynote
| presentation by Google VP of engineering Vic
| Gundotra. Stabilizing the platform for an
| official Nexus One release took Google a
| little bit longer than expected, but the
| software is now being made available to users
| through an over-the-air update. We took it
| for a test drive to see how it compares to
| the previous version.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2010/07/android-22-froyo.ars

Android phone gets a features reboot

,----[ Quote ]
| âAdoption of Android-powered devices is
| growing globally by leaps and bounds. We
| want our users to have the enhanced
| experience that the Galaxy S Android 2.1
| offers, whether for browsing the Web or
| tracking important tasks on your phone,â
| said Cathy Santamaria, Globe brand head.
`----

http://technology.inquirer.net/infotech/infotech/view/20100704-279146/Android-phone-gets-a-features-reboot

Recent:

Cyanogen Mod 6 Coming to Handful of Phones

,----[ Quote ]
| According to a June 23rd Tweet by cyanogen,
| his infamous ROM v.6 is targeting the Nexus
| One (which seems to be his favorite since
| its release), the Verizon Droid, the HTC
| Dream, Magic, and Desire, as well as the HTC
| EVO4G by Sprint.  He later tweeted the Hero
| would get some love too.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/06/26/cyanogen-mod-6-coming-handful-phones/

A look at CyanogenMod 5.0.8